PHILOSOPHY AND PROGRAM
The Pre-School Program is geared toward helping children discover rich years of living so that they can live those years with the greatest of joy, using their physical, intellectual, social and emotional powers to the fullest. A sound Christian setting will provide the stimuli in establishing basic values for their future. Religion is incorporated into all aspects of Pre-School life - Loving, Caring, Respecting. We look upon each child as unique and special, therefore we will strive to meet the child “where he/she is.” We draw upon the family as a source of support and assistance in the learning process of their children.
Our curriculum consists of many experiences based on the needs in these areas:
- Children need opportunities to observe, experiment and manipulate.
- Children need opportunities to express themselves through language, art, music, dramatic play and creative movement.
- Children need opportunities to develop motor skills for better control and coordination.
- To provide a setting where “LOVE” comes first and permeates the atmosphere.
- To build a positive self-concept and pride in each child.
- To provide appropriate and meaningful play experiences that are based upon individual needs, interests and age levels.
- To provide the opportunity of being with the same peer group for development of wholesome social relationships.
- To develop creative and intellectual abilities.
- To build an atmosphere that recognizes the importance of a caring relationship between child and adult.
The program is designed for 3 and 4 year-old children whose birthdays are prior to December 1. Children must be toilet trained and have no serious medical or behavioral problems that would hinder participation in the program.
New York State requires that a doctor’s health form must be filled out and returned to the school before the first day the child attends school.
|PreK-3 AM||2 Days-Mon., Wed.||8:30 a.m.-11:00 a.m.|
|PreK-3 AM||2 Days- Tues, Thurs.||8:30 a.m.-11:00 a.m.|
|PreK-4 AM||3 Days - Mon, Wed, Fri||8:30 a.m.-11:00 a.m.|
|PreK-4 PM||3 Days - Mon, Wed, Fri||11:45 a.m. – 2:15 p.m.|
|PreK-4 AM||5 Days - Mon- Fri.||8:30 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.|
|PreK-4 PM||5 Days - Mon- Fri.||11:45 a.m. – 2:15 p.m.|
Wrap-Around Program for PreK -3 and PreK- 4 11:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
PreK-3 Max. class size – 16 students Student-Teacher ratio 8:1
PreK-4 Max. class size – 22 students Student-Teacher ratio 11:1
SAMPLE OF A DAILY PROGRAM (A.M. or P.M.)
|8:30 - 8:45||Arrival, greetings||Social growth, self-esteem and health awareness|
|8:45 - 9:00||
Learning to express themselves
|9:00 - 9:15||RELIGION||Awareness of God|
|9:15 - 10:00||
|10:00 - 10:15||SNACK - REST - QUIET||
|10:15 - 10:30||
Story - filmstrips
|10:30 - 10:45||
|10:45 - 10:55||Prepare for dismissal||Evaluation of day|
PK3 – Music Special once a week in music room
PK4 – Music and Phys Ed once a week