Halloween Sock Hop
St. Joseph’s School Annual Family Halloween Dance is Friday, October 26th from 5:30 to 8PM in the school gym. The cost is $4 per child with a cap of $16 per family. No charge for adults, however, an adult must accompany children. Children and Adults are encouraged to come in costume, but please no sharp objects or weapons.
Junior Girl Scout Troop 60199 will be collecting jars of jelly for the Penfield Ecumenical Food Shelf. Please be considerate of your neighbors in need and bring in a jar of jelly. Boxes for donations will be located at the registration table.
5:30 PM: Doors Open – Pizza, doughnut holes, and beverages available for purchase
- Visit the cookie decorating station for dessert
- Register your carved pumpkin (located on the stage) for a chance to win prizes – (use a flashlight to illuminate your pumpkin– no candle please)
- Guess the # of candies in the inflated pumpkin and win everything in it
- Tattoos available
6:00 PM: DJ Jimmy C’s Music Machine gets the sock hop moving with awesome yet age and venue appropriate tunes and dance games (including the Mummy Dance)
6:45 PM: Carved pumpkin contest winner to be announced: Two winners will be chosen. 7:00 PM: Parade and Costume Contest. Each winner will receive a Target Gift Card.
Judging categories for the Costume Contest are as follows:
- Pre-K and Kindergarten: 3 winners
- 1st and 2nd Grades: 3 winners
- 3rd and 4th Grades: 3 winners
- 5th and 6th Grades: 3 winners