OUR SCHOOL IS ACCREDITED BY THE MIDDLE STATES COMMISSION ON ELEMENTARY SCHOOLS
What is the “Middle States Commission”?
The Middle States Commission on Elementary Education sets the “gold standard” for public and private schools that serve an elementary-age population in five states in the mid-Atlantic region of the U.S., and in fact around the world. Families with older students may be familiar with the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools, which is recognized with distinction by the United States Department of Education.
A Middle States Accreditation is like a “seal of approval” from the most respected authority in education. It isn't easy to earn that approval. The accreditation application included an 18-month self-study of the school’s organization, personnel, facilities, materials of instruction and strategic planning process. A team of Middle States’ evaluators verified the results of the self-study during a four-day on-site visit.
MIssion of the Middle States Commission on Elementary Schools:*
• to develop and apply standards and protocols
• to support educational communities
• to guide school improvement
• to encourage innovation
• to grant accreditation in a manner that improves educational quality and increases public trust.
* From the Middle States' web site
The school was evaluated upon the following Standards:
- Philosophy and Mission
- Governance and Leadership
- School Improvement Planning
- School Climate and Organization
- Health and Safety
- Educational Program
- Assessment and Evidence of Student Learning
- Student Services
- Student Life and Student Activities
- Information Resources and Technology